We are currently seeking expressions of interest for an upcoming opportunity in early 2018 for experienced mining Laboratory Technicians.
Northern Minerals is a company built on strong values around integrity, respect for others, community, and the spirit and belief in dreaming big.
That spirit and tenacity sees us now rocketing towards achieving our goal of becoming the first significant producer of the rare earth mineral dysprosium outside of China in the world.
Our pilot plant project in the Browns Range is well underway and following the final construction stages to be completed early next year we will be looking to engage key members of our site based production team.
Laboratory Technician Duties:
- Assist the process plant to meet its KPI’s via metallurgical test work.
- Maintain high standards of performance and adopt a proactive approach to safety and environmental issues.
- Assist in preparing, analysing and reporting of mine, process and research samples
- Undertake sample preparation and analysis in compliance with documented procedures and NATA accreditation requirements.
- Assist with the design and implementation of metallurgical test work programs, undertake pilot plant test work, write technical reports and collect & analyse samples.
- Previous Lab Tech mining experience essential
- Previous experience in a laboratory, pilot plant or gold/rare earths industry would be an advantage.
- You will need to have experience in the use of MS Office and specifically using Excel.
- Valid Drivers licence, ability to pass a pre-employment medical and police clearance
Northern Minerals isn’t just interested in your experience and qualifications however, we
want to make sure we bring in people who share our passion, values and “people first” approach to business.
At Northern Minerals we are committed to the development of our people, but very importantly, also in building trusting and mutually beneficial relationships with traditional land owners, and considering the wider community as a whole in everything we do.
We understand that as a business, as a team, and as individuals, what we do on a daily basis can create positive change for the future, and that’s just what we’re going to do – drive new revenue streams to Australia, create jobs and do it in an innovative and purposeful way that brings about positive community change.
If you’re looking to join an exciting flagship project, with a team of exceptional individuals with much more in their sights than a project timeline, then please simply apply now or contact the following:
Ph: 0438 927 019