Northern Minerals is a company built on strong values around integrity, respect for others, community, and the spirit and belief in dreaming big.
That spirit and tenacity sees us now rocketing towards achieving our goal of becoming the first significant producer of the rare earth mineral dysprosium outside of China in the world.
Our pilot plant project in the Browns Range is in the final construction stages. As such we are looking to now build our operations team. We are currently seeking to hire a Production Supervisor.
- Planning, organising and communicating with the operator/maintainers to ensure optimum results are in line with the production plan and established quality standards are carried out in cost effective, safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Providing direction to plant operators to ensure operations and maintenance of all equipment are well coordinated to avoid unnecessary downtime and delay.
- Ensuring all processing employees receive adequate training in required areas and that proper records are being kept.
- Planning manpower allocations, equipment applications and all related plant production activities. Coordinating with maintenance department on equipment maintenance scheduling.
- Ensure plant targets for safety, production and quality are met
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required
- Conduct safety meetings and inspections
- Oversees all processing plant activities
- May be required to complete small plant improvement projects
Completion of Supervisory Development Program an advantage
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a supervisory capacity within the mining industry
- Willingness to work hands on during a challenging construction and ramp up period.
- Sound problem solving and fault-finding skills
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership and organisational skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and maintain motivation even in the face of inevitable delays, setbacks, policy shifts and schedule changes.
- Mine Health and Safety Act knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of MS Office suite
- Understanding of policies and procedures
- Cultural sensitivity and experience working with indigenous groups
LOCATION & ROSTER
Position is based in Browns Range Pilot Plant Project, Western Australia. The position is required to work on a rotating shift basis.
Point of Hire is Perth or Broome.
Why this is a great opportunity for you
CULTURE. Our culture on site is second to none. As a small and remote site Browns Range has a great family feel, so the type of people who join our team is very important to us. We want you to be able to enjoy work-life away from home in an environment where you matter and will be part of the bigger Northern Minerals journey.
THE PROJECT. It really is a cool project. Rare earths, clean energy, think Electric cars! You’ll be working on something different and be part of a bigger picture for resources in our country and the world.
COMMUNITY. You’ll be part of a company and project that is truly committed to improving the lives of the community and traditional owners in the area. With a national benchmark aboriginal training to work facility being built on site, you really will be part of something more than just a mining project.
OWNERSHIP. It’s a pilot plant so each role is unique and hands on. You’ll have ownership of your role and you as an individual will make a real impact on the project.
OPPORTUNITY TO DEVELOP. Build a career not a job. As a core member our early team now you can plan for the future with more opportunities for the full scale project in 3 years. Work on a great pilot plant with the bigger picture project in mind!
BE VALUED. At Northern you aren’t a number. The executive team knows who you are, you aren’t just a cog in a wheel, we don’t think you’re easily replaceable, you will be recognised for your individual efforts and make a real difference.
If you’re looking to join an exciting flagship project with a team of exceptional individuals with much more in their sights than a project timeline, then please apply now and we’ll be in touch when we begin the recruitment process begins for each role.