Northern Minerals is a company built on strong values around integrity, respect for others, community, and the spirit and belief in dreaming big.
That spirit and tenacity sees us now rocketing towards achieving our goal of becoming the first significant producer of the rare earth mineral dysprosium outside of China in the world.
Our pilot plant project in the Browns Range is in the final commissioning stages. We are currently seeking to hire an Electrical Supervisor who will be tasked with ensuring plant is maintained to maximise plant availability to achieve production and metallurgical objectives.
In this hands on role your will be responsible for:
- Conduct Pre-Shift meetings with maintenance team
- Operate in line with the budget
- Plan maintenance work to meet all appropriate Key Performance Indicators
- Liaise with the Maintenance team to develop and document the yearly plan
- Plan and execute urgent unplanned work
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor in planning and scheduling of weekly maintenance and for full/minor plant shutdowns
- Electrical trade qualification or similar
- HV Licence desirable
- Valid WA Drivers Licence
- Senior First Aid
Skills and Experience
- 2 years’ experience holding Statutory Position as Electrical Supervisor and working in a maintenance capacity on a fixed continuous processing plant
- Electrical Nominee Certificate
- Experience maintaining PLC’s, instrumentation and general process control is desirable
- Problems solving skills
- Working effectively with a team on Site.
- Good communication
- Planning and organising
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure
- Good knowledge of the Mines Act and Regulations
- Cultural sensitivity and experience working with indigenous groups
LOCATION & ROSTER
Position is based in Browns Range Pilot Plant Project, Western Australia. The position is required to work on a rotating shift basis. Roster is 15 days on 6 days off.
Point of Hire is Perth or Broome.
Why this is a great opportunity for you
CULTURE. Our culture on site is second to none. As a small and remote site Browns Range has a great family feel, so the type of people who join our team is very important to us. We want you to be able to enjoy work-life away from home in an environment where you matter and will be part of the bigger Northern Minerals journey.
THE PROJECT. It really is a cool project. Rare earths, clean energy, think Electric cars! You’ll be working on something different and be part of a bigger picture for resources in our country and the world.
COMMUNITY. You’ll be part of a company and project that is truly committed to improving the lives of the community and traditional owners in the area. With a national benchmark aboriginal training to work facility being built on site, you really will be part of something more than just a mining project.
OWNERSHIP. It’s a pilot plant so each role is unique and hands on. You’ll have ownership of your role and you as an individual will make a real impact on the project.
OPPORTUNITY TO DEVELOP. Build a career not a job. As a core member our early team now you can plan for the future with more opportunities for the full scale project in 3 years. Work on a great pilot plant with the bigger picture project in mind!
BE VALUED. At Northern you aren’t a number. The executive team knows who you are, you aren’t just a cog in a wheel, we don’t think you’re easily replaceable, you will be recognised for your individual efforts and make a real difference.
HERE IS WHAT OUR PEOPLE THINK OF BROWNS RANGE
“Nice little mine. Friendly environment. A lot of new stuff to learn. a great opportunity”
“The bosses are good and very supportive, and the food is great!”
“Great here learning heaps”
“Time flies so quick when you’re having fun! The last three months have been challenging but an exciting period to be involved in.”
Contact Rob Gallacher