We are currently seeking expressions of interest for an upcoming opportunity in 2018 for experienced Metallurgical Technicians.
Northern Minerals is a company built on strong values around integrity, respect for others, community, and the spirit and belief in dreaming big.
That spirit and tenacity sees us now rocketing towards achieving our goal of becoming the first significant producer of the rare earth mineral dysprosium outside of China in the world.
Our pilot plant project in the Browns Range is well underway and following the final construction stages to be completed early next year we will be looking to engage key members of our site based production and maintenance team.
As Metallurgical Technician you will:
- Ensure a safe work environment by ensuring work areas are kept clean, tidy and free of hazards, reporting these using designated reporting systems.
- Ensure all tasks are completed in accordance with current environmental policies including the requirement to Control/Contain/Cleanup/Communicate all environmental spills.
- Enhance the capability of the company to consistently achieve production, recovery and efficiency targets by applying learnt knowledge in the field using skills gained under the guidance of the metallurgical team.
- Contribute to company reporting and statutory compliance obligations by assisting in the capture and input of relevant quality data on a regular basis as directed.
- Build productive and constructive interpersonal relationships both internally and externally that will facilitate the accomplishment of goals.
- Ensure that production, recovery and efficiency targets are achieved through accurate metallurgical work by applying due diligence and ensuring the care, calibration, maintenance of related equipment.
- Improve the overall effectiveness of the processing team by providing support and assistance in related areas as directed.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement by analysing and reviewing existing systems and processes and identifying opportunities for improvements and enhancements which will increase the effectiveness and efficiency of operational performance
- Previous experience working on a small remote mining site
- Experience as a Metallurgical Technician, Field Technician, Production Assistant in a FIFO environment
- Current “C” Class Western Australian Drivers Licence
- Ability to work unsupervised, strong attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and foster team building relationships (be a good team fit).
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to improved procedures and practices.
- Awareness of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations (desirable).
- St Johns Senior First Aid certificate (desirable).
- Ability to read and write English at an Upper Secondary School standard
- Ability to work a FIFO roster, FIFO from Perth or Broome
Northern Minerals isn’t just interested in your experience and qualifications however, we
want to make sure we bring in people who share our passion, values and “people first” approach to business.
At Northern Minerals we are committed to the development of our people, but very importantly, also in building trusting and mutually beneficial relationships with traditional land owners, and considering the wider community as a whole in everything we do.
We understand that as a business, as a team, and as individuals, what we do on a daily basis can create positive change for the future, and that’s just what we’re going to do – drive new revenue streams to Australia, create jobs and do it in an innovative and purposeful way that brings about positive community change.
If you’re looking to join an exciting flagship project, with a team of exceptional individuals with much more in their sights than a project timeline, then please simply apply now or contact the following:
Ph: 0438 927 019