Northern Minerals is a company built on strong values around integrity, respect for others, community, and the spirit and belief in dreaming big.
That spirit and tenacity sees us now rocketing towards achieving our goal of becoming the first significant producer of the rare earth mineral dysprosium outside of China in the world.
Our pilot plant project in the Browns Range is in the final construction stages. As such we are looking to now build our operations team. We are currently seeking to hire a Fitter / Boilermaker to take responsibility for the reliable operations of mechanical equipment on site.
- Complete preventative maintenance checks
- Trouble shoot breakdowns and malfunctions
- Maintain equipment, parts and supplies
- Fabricate parts
- Model, implement, and comply with mechanical safety rules, site procedures and related industry regulations
- Scheduling and forecasting of work and materials to meet work schedule including effective communication
- Responsible for the quality, quantity of work and the completion of work within specifications and expected time frames
Daily reporting to key stakeholders
Skills and Experience
- Trade certificate in either Mechanical Fitting, Machining or Boiler Making
Skills and Experience
- Mine site or processing plant experience is desirable
- MIG, TIG & Stick welding experience
- Fabrication experience
- Strong communication, numerical, mechanical and computer skills
- Problems solving skills
- Working effectively with a team on Site.
- Good communication
- Planning and organising
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure
- Cultural sensitivity and experience working with indigenous groups
LOCATION & ROSTER
Position is based in Browns Range Pilot Plant Project, Western Australia. The position is required to work on a rotating shift basis. Roster is 15 days on 6 days off.
Point of Hire is Perth.
Why this is a great opportunity for you
CULTURE. Our culture on site is second to none. As a small and remote site Browns Range has a great family feel, so the type of people who join our team is very important to us. We want you to be able to enjoy work-life away from home in an environment where you matter and will be part of the bigger Northern Minerals journey.
THE PROJECT. It really is a cool project. Rare earths, clean energy, think Electric cars! You’ll be working on something different and be part of a bigger picture for resources in our country and the world.
COMMUNITY. You’ll be part of a company and project that is truly committed to improving the lives of the community and traditional owners in the area. With a national benchmark aboriginal training to work facility being built on site, you really will be part of something more than just a mining project.
OWNERSHIP. It’s a pilot plant so each role is unique and hands on. You’ll have ownership of your role and you as an individual will make a real impact on the project.
OPPORTUNITY TO DEVELOP. Build a career not a job. As a core member our early team now you can plan for the future with more opportunities for the full scale project in 3 years. Work on a great pilot plant with the bigger picture project in mind!
BE VALUED. At Northern you aren’t a number. The executive team knows who you are, you aren’t just a cog in a wheel, we don’t think you’re easily replaceable, you will be recognised for your individual efforts and make a real difference.
If you’re looking to join an exciting flagship project with a team of exceptional individuals with much more in their sights than a project timeline, then please apply now and we’ll be in touch when we begin the recruitment process begins for each role.
For more information on the individual role requirements and responsibilities please visit our website careers page at
If you’d like to chat please contact Dayna Edwards, Ph: 0438 9270019, E: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!