We are currently seeking expressions of interest for upcoming opportunities in 2018 for experienced Fitters.
Northern Minerals is a company built on strong values around integrity, respect for others, community, and the spirit and belief in dreaming big.
That spirit and tenacity sees us now rocketing towards achieving our goal of becoming the first significant producer of the rare earth mineral dysprosium outside of China in the world.
Our pilot plant project in the Browns Range is well underway and following the final construction stages to be completed early next year we will be looking to engage key members of our site based production team.
- Drive a safe behavioural culture and ensure safety compliance for all maintenance tasks.
- Actively participate in the safe rectification of machinery breakdowns throughout the site, restoring any equipment to a safe and efficient operating state.
- Actively carry out other assigned maintenance duties such as (but not limited to) inspections, cleaning, and off-line repairs.
- Participate at all times with established maintenance workflow processes, using these processes to competently and efficiently execute maintenance and repair work.
- Liaising and working closely with operational teams to help them achieve their production outcomes, and to improve communication and interaction between operators and yourself.
- Mechanical Trade Qualifications (Certificate III or higher) in a Fitting / Machining discipline
- Primarily work to be undertaken is hands-on, though there is a requirement to use computers or other information sources to assist you in the performance of your duties.
- Commitment to Workplace Health and Safety
What we’re looking for
As the successful candidate you will possess the following skills:
- Mechanical Trade qualification coupled with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience within a similar role.
- Leadership experience with the ability to build a cohesive team with a common goal
- Boilermaker skills & experience highly regarded
- Excellent diagnostic/fault finding skills
- Demonstrated ability to delegate tasks and organise work teams to perform repairs, maintenance and inspections
- Supportive and “can do” attitude
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated to maintaining safe work practices and environment
- Strong understanding of continuous improvement techniques
Northern Minerals isn’t just interested in your experience and qualifications however, we
want to make sure we bring in people who share our passion, values and “people first” approach to business.
At Northern Minerals we are committed to the development of our people, but very importantly, also in building trusting and mutually beneficial relationships with traditional land owners, and considering the wider community as a whole in everything we do.
We understand that as a business, as a team, and as individuals, what we do on a daily basis can create positive change for the future, and that’s just what we’re going to do – drive new revenue streams to Australia, create jobs and do it in an innovative and purposeful way that brings about positive community change.
If you’re looking to join an exciting flagship project, with a team of exceptional individuals with much more in their sights than a project timeline, then please simply apply now or contact the following:
Ph: 0438 927 019