Northern Minerals is a company built on strong values around integrity, respect for others, community, and the spirit and belief in dreaming big.
That spirit and tenacity sees us now rocketing towards achieving our goal of becoming the first significant producer of the rare earth mineral dysprosium outside of China in the world.
Our pilot plant project in the Browns Range is in the final construction stages. As such we are looking to now build our operations team. We are currently seeking to hire a Laboratory Technician who will be responsible for daily operation of the onsite analytical laboratory facilities. Day to day duties include sample preparation, daily production reports, as well as the maintenance, calibration and operation of laboratory equipment.
- Conducts chemical and physical laboratory tests of samples and analyses test data for product development and quality control
- Set up laboratory equipment and instrumentation for process control
- Assist the process engineering team by monitoring routine results for process anomalies and arranging repeat samples as required
- Details of the problem are to be communicated to the appropriate personnel to allow expedient remedial action
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of data such as Daily or Weekly Laboratory Reports by entering analytical data on the computing systems
- Test and analyse for radioactive materials
- Apply knowledge of radioactive procedures
- Order and inventory materials to maintain supplies
- Maintain, clean and sterilise laboratory instruments and equipment
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years Previous work in mining industry and on site
- Previous experience operating semi-autonomously in a remote environment
- Self-motivated and reliant
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Knowledge of ICP and XRF instrumental analysis
- Understanding of policies and procedures
- Understanding of safety in the workplace
- Cultural sensitivity and experience working with indigenous groups
LOCATION & ROSTER
Position is based in Browns Range Pilot Plant Project, Western Australia. The position is required to work on a rotating shift basis. Roster is 15 days on 6 days off.
Point of Hire is Perth.
Why this is a great opportunity for you
CULTURE. Our culture on site is second to none. As a small and remote site Browns Range has a great family feel, so the type of people who join our team is very important to us. We want you to be able to enjoy work-life away from home in an environment where you matter and will be part of the bigger Northern Minerals journey.
THE PROJECT. It really is a cool project. Rare earths, clean energy, think Electric cars! You’ll be working on something different and be part of a bigger picture for resources in our country and the world.
COMMUNITY. You’ll be part of a company and project that is truly committed to improving the lives of the community and traditional owners in the area. With a national benchmark aboriginal training to work facility being built on site, you really will be part of something more than just a mining project.
OWNERSHIP. It’s a pilot plant so each role is unique and hands on. You’ll have ownership of your role and you as an individual will make a real impact on the project.
OPPORTUNITY TO DEVELOP. Build a career not a job. As a core member our early team now you can plan for the future with more opportunities for the full scale project in 3 years. Work on a great pilot plant with the bigger picture project in mind!
BE VALUED. At Northern you aren’t a number. The executive team knows who you are, you aren’t just a cog in a wheel, we don’t think you’re easily replaceable, you will be recognised for your individual efforts and make a real difference.
If you’re looking to join an exciting flagship project with a team of exceptional individuals with much more in their sights than a project timeline, then please apply now and we’ll be in touch when we begin the recruitment process begins for each role.
For more information on the individual role requirements and responsibilities please visit our website careers page at
If you’d like to chat please contact Dayna Edwards, Ph: 0438 9270019, E: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!