Northern Minerals is a company built on strong values around integrity, respect for others, community, and the spirit and belief in dreaming big.
That spirit and tenacity sees us now rocketing towards achieving our goal of becoming the first significant producer of the rare earth mineral dysprosium in the world outside of China.
We are currently looking for an experienced Plant Metallurgist to join our team at Browns Range.
Reporting to the Senior Process Engineer, this role contributes to the continued development and implementation of the metallurgical functions for Northern Minerals.
Key responsibilities relate to the organisation, engineering and administration of testing at our pilot plant and recommending or approving corrective actions, initiating action, and ensuring compliance with regulations.
Other duties will include:
- Maintain and update operational strategies and troubleshooting guides
- Assist in technical training of operators/coaching of operational teams to understand metallurgical process
- Provide technical reports and analysis on plant performance
- Daily and weekly production data reporting
- Ensure QA/QC systems are in place and adhered to in order to meet product specifications
- Conduct equipment inspections during shutdowns or as required
- Maintain effective communication lines with all internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluates and reviews test results as well as historical plant performances and accomplishes reports and recommendations
- Implements cost reduction program and budgeting system
- Accomplishes other studies relevant to product handling and project development
- Assesses reagents, steel balls, activated carbon, etc. necessary for continuous operation and ensures that all uses are within the economic and profitable limit
- Relevant Degree in Metallurgy or related discipline
- Minimum 4 years previous work experience in a plant metallurgical role
- Previous experience operating semi-autonomously in a remote environment
- Experience with Mineral Process testing, design & pilot scale testing is highly desirable
- Self-motivated and reliant
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Knowledge of MS Access or SQL database is preferred
Location and Roster
- Position is based in the Kimberley’s at the Browns Range Pilot Plant Project, remote Western Australia.
- The position is required to work on a permanent rotating shift basis (night shift and dayshift) of 15 days on, 6 days off.
- Point of Hire is Perth or Broome.
Why this is a great opportunity for you
CULTURE. Our culture on site is second to none. As a small and remote site Browns Range has a great family feel, so the type of people who join our team is very important to us. We want you to be able to enjoy work-life away from home in an environment where you matter and will be part of the bigger Northern Minerals journey.
THE PROJECT. It really is a cool project. Rare earths, clean energy, think Electric cars! You’ll be working on something different and be part of a bigger picture for resources in our country and the world. Rather than simply crushing big rocks, you’ll be working on a complex processing techniques in the hydro plant.
COMMUNITY. You’ll be part of a company and project that is truly committed to improving the lives of the community and traditional owners in the area. With a national benchmark aboriginal training to work facility being built on site, you really will be part of something more than just a mining project.
OWNERSHIP. It’s a pilot plant so each role is unique and hands on. You’ll have ownership of your role and you as an individual will make a real impact on the project.
OPPORTUNITY TO DEVELOP. Build a career not a job. As a core member our early team now you can plan for the future with more opportunities for the full scale project in 3 years. Work on a great pilot plant with the bigger picture project in mind!
BE VALUED. At Northern you aren’t a number. The executive team knows who you are, you aren’t just a cog in a wheel, we don’t think you’re easily replaceable, you will be recognised for your individual efforts and make a real difference.
If you’re looking to join an exciting flagship project with a team of exceptional individuals with much more in their sights than a project timeline, then please apply now and we’ll be in touch soon.
If you would like to apply for this role please email: email@example.com