We are currently seeking expressions of interest for an upcoming opportunity in 2018 for an experienced Senior Metallurgist working in our Hydro Plant in remote WA.
Northern Minerals is a company built on strong values around integrity, respect for others, community, and the spirit and belief in dreaming big.
That spirit and tenacity sees us now rocketing towards achieving our goal of becoming the first significant producer of the rare earth mineral dysprosium outside of China in the world.
Our pilot plant at the Browns Range project is soon to kick off, and as such we are looking to engage key members of our site based production and maintenance team.
As a senior member of our team you will:
- Monitor plant performance to ensure all processes are optimized
- Provide technical assistance to production and maintenance departments
- Provide assistance in the planning of tasks for scheduled plant shutdowns
- Plan and co-ordinate test work programs in site metallurgy laboratory to optimize plant performance
- Plan and co-ordinate test work through external consultants
- Ensure metallurgical accounting reports are generated in a timely and accurate matter
- Assist the training and production departments with developing and periodic review of standard operating procedures
- Monitor the performance of in-stream automation equipment and liaise with maintenance and metallurgical technicians where required to ensure accuracy and reliability of instruments
- Identify opportunities in the processing circuit where improvements can be made and provide innovative solutions to achieve them
- Relevant tertiary degree qualifications in metallurgical engineering or related discipline
- Extensive site-based operational experience in gold (narrow vein gold) or rare earths
- Extensive working knowledge of open-cut mining operation with specific experience in hydro plant operations highly desirable
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills across all levels of the business
- Ability to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders including our major contractors
- Flexible, adaptable, high level of organisation and attention to detail
- Experience with the development and maintenance of engineering processes and systems is highly desirable
Northern Minerals isn’t just interested in your experience and qualifications however, we
want to make sure we bring in people who share our passion, values and “people first” approach to business.
At Northern Minerals we are committed to the development of our people, but very importantly, also in building trusting and mutually beneficial relationships with traditional land owners, and considering the wider community as a whole in everything we do.
We understand that as a business, as a team, and as individuals, what we do on a daily basis can create positive change for the future, and that’s just what we’re going to do – drive new revenue streams to Australia, create jobs and do it in an innovative and purposeful way that brings about positive community change.
If you’re looking to join an exciting flagship project, with a team of exceptional individuals with much more in their sights than a project timeline, then please simply apply now or contact the following:
Ph: 0438 927 019