Our approach to environmental management is based on the robust identification, assessment and management of risks across all Project phases, including exploration, development, operation and closure. Northern Minerals’ applies a Risk Framework to identify and manage environmental risks and we engage with stakeholders and take their perspectives and knowledge into account in our decision making.
We recognise that environmental performance is an integral part of our business and our Environmental Policy guides our approach.
- Inform all employees, contracts and vendors about this Policy and make them aware of their environmental responsibilities.
- Undertake effective and transparent engagement and communication with internal and external
- Diligently and actively plan for mine closure.
- Responsibly manage all waste streams and reduce or recycle waste where possible.
- Ensure the availability of resources and management systems to enable compliance with statutory
obligations and internal standards.
- Report regularly on environmental performance and take remedial action where performance does not meet expectations.
- Actively promote a culture of ethical environmental practice and behaviour including respect for
cultural and community values.
- Establish, review, document and monitor our environmental objectives and targets to continually
improve our environmental performance.
- Comply with applicable environmental laws, regulations and mandatory standards, and where these do not exist, apply appropriate internal standards.
- Control and manage environmental risks arising from operations by implementing systems to identify, assess, control and monitor those environmental risks.
- Educate and train employees and contractors to assist with Northern Minerals’ environmental